Family Dentistry is a field of dentistry that covers dental procedures for the whole family — from babies whose first teeth have erupted to grandparents and even great-grandparents who need special care. Thus, family dentistry is more comprehensive than general dentistry because it includes age-specific treatments.
What Are the Advantages of Having a Family Dentist?
Dr. Todd Curley, DDS, can be your family dentist, having received additional education and training to properly relate to babies, children, teenagers, adults, and senior citizens. As a family dentist, Dr. Todd can provide benefits like the following:
- Make only one appointment for all members of your family. You don’t have to make an appointment with a pediatric dentist for your children while making another appointment with a general dentist for yourself and the adult members of your family. Visit us and we will provide dental care to your whole family.
- Keep your dental records in one place. Having only one dentist for your whole family means all of your dental records are kept in only one office. Should you need the records of your child or your parents because a specialist needs them, just contact us.
- Have a familiar dentist. Seeing just one dentist enables you to develop a familiar relationship that not only eases your dental anxiety, if any but also that of your children. Seeing a friendly familiar face every six months for regular dental checkups goes a long way in making the children comfortable.
- Track your children’s oral and dental development. Seeing only one dentist as your children grow enables you to see how your kids’ teeth are developing spot any developing problems early and treat them at the earliest possible time.
What Are the Procedures Commonly Offered by a Family Dentist
The most common procedures you can expect during a visit with a family dentist include the following:
- Dental exams and X-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- Dental cleanings, scaling, and root planing
- Cavity fillings
- Fluoride treatment
- Dental sealant application
- Gum disease treatment
- Orthodontic treatment (placement of braces)
- Prosthodontic treatment (placement of crowns, bridges, and dentures)
- Root canals
Bring Your Family to Dr. Todd Curley, DDS
Bring your whole family to our dentistry and rest assured that each family member will be provided the best dental care possible, addressing each unique need and individual requirement.
Contact Dr. Todd Curley, DDS, at (951) 698-6220 for inquiries or to book an appointment. Visit us at 39755 Murrieta Hot Springs Rd., Ste. D110, Murrieta, CA 92563 for the best dental care and treatments.